Tuesday 6 September 2011

Day 24 19.8.2011 – The Tour that never happened - Distance Travelled: 1032km


Waihi Beach → Hobbiton (Matamata) → Waitomo Caves

Hello all, 

Today Steven and I woke up early to watch the sunrise. This is one of the first places in the world that ever sees the sun rise. We took lots of pictures in the cold (and I got a bit artsy with my picture taking)

Then we headed over to Matamata, they do the tours of where Hobbiton was filmed for Lord of the Rings. Of course I was very excited about this as I have always wanted to come to New Zealand to see where my favourite films were created.

On the tour the guide said I could be Samwise, at first I was luaghing at the idea (then realised Sam is a bit porky) but after some thought it would be good to be into my food and be a loyal friend. Plus with the bounus of being a hobbit!!!

We also brought some of the Lord of the Rings beer that was created for the cast during filming, now they sell it in the Shire’s Rest Cafe and I got the map on New Zeland in the style of LOTR with the locations of filming placed on it. Also we saw that in Wellington there is the Weta Cave and shop so we are deffinately going there as I want a cloak!!

It was amazing to go there and see it all, it is something I will never forget and feel very lucky I have been there, now onto the Waitomo Caves to book a black water rafting trip for tomorrow!!!

This is me signing off...J

No comments:

Post a Comment